Saturday, February 6, 2010

Blog Dedication

Since becoming parents to a son with a congenital heart defect, our lives have been consumed by doing everything we can to keep him healthy and happy.  I can't even count the number of times I have sat at this computer and searched for information on CHDs, only to be disappointed at the lack of available public knowledge.  We, like all CHD parents, have had to figure this heart disease thing out on our own.  Well, not entirely alone.  We have slowly built up a 'heart family' consisting of strangers from across the country who are going through their own heart journies with their own children.  Through them, we have found knowledge, hope, and support.  I hope this blog can return the favor.  I hope to provide a source of information and support for all those who are seeking it. 

I am also hoping this blog can help with our 'parenting' in the future.  Being a parent is hard. I've only been one for a year, and that year was rough enough. I don't want to think of how bad it will get when I've got teenagers. And I can't imagine how I am supposed to share this love and attention between MULTIPLE children; one takes enough of me! Add to that the stress of having a child with a chronic medical condition...I'm exhaused just thinking about it. How do we take care of our medical miracle without pushing our other children into the shadows? How do we help all our children live normal lives? In an attempt to separate being a 'heart' family with being a 'normal' family WITHOUT trying to hide our 'heart' family pride, I hope to use this blog to provide an official place for heart related postings.  Our original blog (LilWim) will continue to be our family blog, and will hopefully allow us a place to celebrate our children equally and share our family's journey through life with a little less focus on medical queries. 

Who knows what these two blogs will evolve into.  All I know is that I need a place to share my family, I need a place to share our heart story, and I think that is best done by separating the two and giving them equal opportunity to shine.  Keep an eye on them both, and feel free to share your journey with us, too!

~Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Being a parent is a wonderful journey....and it leads to an even greater blessing ~ being a grandparent ! Years and years of love !
    Nana

    ReplyDelete